Friday, October 22, 2010

The BP MS 150 bike ride, April 16-17, 2011

Hello everyone,

I am signing up to do something I have not done in many years.  I am pledging myself to raise money and bike ride in the name of the Multiple Sclerosis Society.  I have done this ride many times from Hammond, LA to Percy Quinn State Park, MS and back.  This time I will be leaving Houston and heading to Austin.

Too many people are affected by this horrible disease.  My mom's good friend from college and a former coworker are just two out of the thousands who don't have a choice when it comes to breaking their bodies down piece by piece.

I am dedicating the next 6 months to raising at least $400 in support of this mission. Every dollar counts.  Every dollar takes those doctors and researchers one step closer to being able to slow and stop the effects of this disease as well as help those in need.

If you find it in your heart to give to an organization such as the MS Society, please visit my personal page and donate(the link is at the top of my blog).  All it takes is $10, 25, 50, 100, or whatever you can donate to help the lives of so many affected.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I vow to document my training and stories about the ride so you can get a feel for the work being done here.

God bless you and with sincerity, I thank you in advance.

--Michael Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment